Dark Angels
Welcome to Dark Angels Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dark Angels
Welcome to Dark Angels Forum
Dark Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Recruitment

4 posters

Go down

Better Recruitment Empty Better Recruitment

Post  strunful Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:57 pm

I think that we can improve our recruitment of good players and make a cluster of at least 3-4 players in the area and defend agains bigger threats and respond with atacks/wars.I think that if we don't change our tactic this alliance will never be top 10 and we will never be a serious opponent for the bigger fishes.For the start i would like to be made space diplomat.Cheers. Wink

strunful
Pilot
Pilot

Back to top Go down

Better Recruitment Empty Re: Better Recruitment

Post  Halphas Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:38 am

In passing conversation with lemor, he mentioned that he has undertaken several recruitment drives. I don't know how successful they were... How many of us joined the alliance by being approached during one of these drives?

Solidifying power centers can be helpful. However, it seems to be my experience that many players do most of their business from their homeworld... And you can't choose where your homeworld is.

It seems to me that the best way to both create some kind of "colony cluster" for defense/support and to recruit new members would be to both have all alliance members push diplomacy in the space surrounding their systems. Instead of trying to orchestrate some complex colony placement plan, we should instead try to recruit new members from locations that are alliance already is.

There are new, inexperienced, impressionable players all over the place. If each and every alliance member reaches out to the ones that surround each of our individual planets in a friendly and supportive way, there are bound to be some willing to join the alliance.

In the case of my own empire, there are a half dozen independents near my colonies that I'm on good terms with. There are even a few opponents that I keep good relations with. I'm trying to nudge them all into our alliance. If I can get two or three to join, I'll make my own "power center" for myself and the alliance.
Halphas
Halphas
Pilot
Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post  strunful Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Marchosias wrote:In passing conversation with lemor, he mentioned that he has undertaken several recruitment drives. I don't know how successful they were... How many of us joined the alliance by being approached during one of these drives?

Solidifying power centers can be helpful. However, it seems to be my experience that many players do most of their business from their homeworld... And you can't choose where your homeworld is.

It seems to me that the best way to both create some kind of "colony cluster" for defense/support and to recruit new members would be to both have all alliance members push diplomacy in the space surrounding their systems. Instead of trying to orchestrate some complex colony placement plan, we should instead try to recruit new members from locations that are alliance already is.

There are new, inexperienced, impressionable players all over the place. If each and every alliance member reaches out to the ones that surround each of our individual planets in a friendly and supportive way, there are bound to be some willing to join the alliance.

In the case of my own empire, there are a half dozen independents near my colonies that I'm on good terms with. There are even a few opponents that I keep good relations with. I'm trying to nudge them all into our alliance. If I can get two or three to join, I'll make my own "power center" for myself and the alliance.

agreed, but i think that we should look 4 quality not quantity, invite only players that are in top 3000 or better, kick the ones that are inactive for 4-5 days.We should clean our alliance before inviting some serious players in our alliance, then we can start making some progress.My humble oppionion.

strunful
Pilot
Pilot

Back to top Go down

Better Recruitment Empty Recruitment

Post  Evil Dreams Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:12 am

I've looked at quite a few of the various Alliance Sites. The Tutorials don't explain that to become a powerful player you should join an already established Alliance. So, I'll have to admit, after looking down through the different Alliance pages, I saw the Angel of Death and opted into dropping mail to Life. Then after looking over your webpage, I opted into Applying for New Member.
I haven't done so in the game yet, not sure yet where one goes to apply. But, I'll figure that out too.
I thought I would also mention there are some that haven't played this game before but are eager to excel at it. I'll probably need coaching on this or that from time to time, but I can be a powerful asset to any game.
I also agree with Strum. Quality is better than quantity. You put alot of time and effort into building a unified organization. Each new member costs time and energy. If that member doesn't stay, you have wasted that much more that could have put into furthering your already created organization.
I'll admit, I dislike forums and would rather just play. I work too many hours to get the chance to look at all the forums. But until I get the hang of the game, you folks have paved the way for my learning thru the use of your forums.
So, in advance, thanks for allowing me to wander into your thoughts, and I hope I get the chance to be one of the better players.
ED
Evil Dreams
Evil Dreams
Pilot
Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post  daeyresa Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:41 pm

WOW - great thoughts..I actually came out of vacation mode for this universe...It's great to see that more want plan and communicate and execute than in the 4x uni's.(hell on earth)...I'm here if anyone has questions:)
daeyresa
daeyresa
Pilot
Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down